Help us create transparency on the packaging of food products with the operation Tackling Food Packaging in partnership with ADEME, the French Agency for Ecological Transition! #TacklingPackaging
Syrup, vanilla infused
This product page is not complete. You can help by editing it based on the photos we have, by taking more photos using the Android or iPhone/iPad app or, if you are the producer of this product, by signing up to our Platform for Producers. Thank you!
Barcode: 0852913003773 (EAN / EAN-13) 852913003773 (UPC / UPC-A)
Brand owner: Madava Sugar Maple, LLC
Categories: Sweeteners, Syrups, Simple syrups
Labels, certifications, awards:
Organic, USDA Organic
Countries where sold: United States
Matching with your preferences
Organic maple syrup, organic vanilla beans.
Elements that indicate the product is in the 3 - Processed foods group:
- Ingredient: Maple syrup
Food products are classified into 4 groups according to their degree of processing:
- Unprocessed or minimally processed foods
- Processed culinary ingredients
- Processed foods
- Ultra processed foods
The determination of the group is based on the category of the product and on the ingredients it contains.
Palm oil free
No ingredients containing palm oil detected
No non-vegan ingredients
No non-vegetarian ingredients detected
Details of the analysis of the ingredients
maple syrup, vanilla beans
- maple syrup -> en:maple-syrup - labels: en:organic - vegan: yes - vegetarian: yes - percent_min: 50 - percent_max: 100
- vanilla beans -> en:vanilla-pod - labels: en:organic - vegan: yes - vegetarian: yes - percent_min: 0 - percent_max: 50
Poor nutritional quality
⚠️ Warning: the amount of fiber is not specified, their possible positive contribution to the grade could not be taken into account.⚠️ Warning: the amount of fruits, vegetables and nuts is not specified on the label, it was estimated from the list of ingredients: 0
This product is not considered a beverage for the calculation of the Nutri-Score.
Positive points: 0
- Proteins: 0 / 5 (value: 0, rounded value: 0)
- Fiber: 0 / 5 (value: 0, rounded value: 0)
- Fruits, vegetables, nuts, and colza/walnut/olive oils: 0 / 5 (value: 0, rounded value: 0)
Negative points: 14
- Energy: 4 / 10 (value: 1506, rounded value: 1506)
- Sugars: 10 / 10 (value: 80, rounded value: 80)
- Saturated fat: 0 / 10 (value: 0, rounded value: 0)
- Sodium: 0 / 10 (value: 17, rounded value: 17)
The points for proteins are not counted because the negative points are greater or equal to 11.
Score nutritionnel: 14 (14 - 0)
Fat in low quantity (0%)
What you need to know
- A high consumption of fat, especially saturated fats, can raise cholesterol, which increases the risk of heart diseases.
Recommendation: Limit the consumption of fat and saturated fat
- Choose products with lower fat and saturated fat content.
Sugars in high quantity (80%)
What you need to know
- A high consumption of sugar can cause weight gain and tooth decay. It also augments the risk of type 2 diabetes and cardio-vascular diseases.
Recommendation: Limit the consumption of sugar and sugary drinks
- Sugary drinks (such as sodas, fruit beverages, and fruit juices and nectars) should be limited as much as possible (no more than 1 glass a day).
- Choose products with lower sugar content and reduce the consumption of products with added sugars.
Salt in low quantity (0.0425%)
What you need to know
- A high consumption of salt (or sodium) can cause raised blood pressure, which can increase the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Many people who have high blood pressure do not know it, as there are often no symptoms.
- Most people consume too much salt (on average 9 to 12 grams per day), around twice the recommended maximum level of intake.
Recommendation: Limit the consumption of salt and salted food
- Reduce the quantity of salt used when cooking, and don't salt again at the table.
- Limit the consumption of salty snacks and choose products with lower salt content.
Nutrition facts As sold
for 100 g / 100 ml
per serving (2 Tbsp (30 ml))
Compared to: Simple syrups Energy 1,506 kj
+29% Fat 0 g 0 g Cholesterol 0 mg 0 mg Salt 0.042 g 0.013 g -68% Carbohydrates 83.33 g 25 g +16% Sugars 80 g 24 g +32% Proteins 0 g 0 g -100% Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 1.247 mg 0.374 mg +15% Potassium 233 mg 69.9 mg -7% Calcium 67 mg 20.1 mg +21% Magnesium 27 mg 8.1 mg -48% Zinc 1.5 mg 0.45 mg -46% Manganese 3 mg 0.9 mg +4% Fruits‚ vegetables‚ nuts and rapeseed‚ walnut and olive oils (estimate from ingredients list analysis) 0 % 0 %
Eco-Score not computed - Unknown environmental impact
We could not compute the Eco-Score of this product as it is missing some data, could you help complete it?Could you add a precise product category so that we can compute the Eco-Score? Add a category
Missing packaging information for this product
⚠️ The information about the packaging of this product is not filled in.Take a photo of the recycling information Take a photo of the recycling information
Origins of ingredients
Missing origins of ingredients information
⚠️ The origins of the ingredients of this product are not indicated.
If they are indicated on the packaging, you can modify the product sheet and add them.
If you are the manufacturer of this product, you can send us the information with our free platform for producers.Add the origins of ingredients for this product Add the origins of ingredients for this product
Product added on by org-database-usda
Last edit of product page on by teolemon.
Product page also edited by kiliweb.